Friday, February 1, 2013

The Essence Of Life

The cold weather play havoc on me.

It's not so much the temperature as the dryness of the air.  It sucks the moisture right out of my body.  My hands are chapped, my lips are cracking, and my nose feels like it's going to break off.

The past month I've been trying to increase my intake of water and the increased trips to the bathroom proves I've got the intake levels up.

But I'm still dry.  When I wake up in the morning, my mouth is parched and I could spit dust.

Oddly, this dryness has cause some other health issues which are not so healthy.

I won't go into all the gory details, but being dry seems to make my heart to backflips.

Yes, yes, I'm seeing the doctor about it. We've concluded that I need to stay over-hydrated for now.

So, I drink drink drink lots of water and decaffeinated tea along with nasty tasting Gatorade.

The backflips seems to be at bay for now.

Water truly is the essence of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment