Saturday, November 3, 2012

Legally Blonde - The Musical

Attending a live theater performance is always fun.  Even bad theater is good in my book.  Performers on a stage deserve applause. Standing on a stage reciting lines of dialog -- or singing -- is not something I've done yet in my life.

I don't know that I ever will.

Last night I join a friend at the G. Mennen Williams Auditorium on the Ferris State University Campus to see the student production of Legally Blonde - the Musical.

The movie version -- which was not a musical -- is the love story of a ditzy blonde who is in love with a man headed to Harvard for a law degree and she decides to chase him all the way to becoming the valedictorian of her graduating class.

This stage version was rough at best, with many of performers giving it their best college try. Like I said, even bad theater is good.

It was a fun evening with a good friend which makes bad theater even better.



No comments:

Post a Comment