Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness

Contrary to appearances, today is not just the day before Black Friday.  It's actually Thanksgiving Day. The one day a year that we should take a moment and be thankful not for possessions, but for all things.

I have so much for which to be thankful, I don't know where to begin. I guess my cup runneth over as I'm thankful for...

My parents. I'm so fortunate to have had two parents who loved each other and who loved me unconditionally.  I am rocked and saddened when some friends tell me about their childhood.

Family. Beyond my parents are my brothers and their families, my neices and nephews with their kids, and quite a cousins.

A family of friends.  I have lots of friends far and wide. Many of them are as close to me as my family.  They are there for me when I need them.

Employment. This is a golden standard that so many of us, especially in our current economy, include on our list of thankfuls. I'm thankful for more than a paycheck. I'm bless with a job that I enjoy and co-workers who are friends.

Support. I am blessed with people in my life who support me emotionally and spiritually. You don't find that very often.

Facebook. Yes, I am thankful for Facebook.  It has allowed me to reconnect with friends from my past and grow closer to family I really didn't know very well.  I've made friends of my friends friends and thankful for all of them.

Health. As I grow older, there are aches and pains. But overall, I have good health.

As I said, my cup runneth over and I could go on all day listing my thankfuls.

But most of all, I'm thankful for life. My life and the ability to live it freely.

So be thankful. Not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every second of every minute of every hour of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment