- Les Miserables. My favorite stage musical has been made into a movie. Opening on Christmas Day, I hope to see it on an IMAX screen.
- Hyde Park on Hudson. Based on facts, this is the story of the love affair between FDR and his distant cousin Margaret Stuckley, centered around the weekend in 1939 when the King and Queen of the England visited upstate New York.
- Life of Pi. A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor ... a fearsome Bengal tiger.
- Jack Reacher. A homicide investigator digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims.
- Anna Karenina. Set in late-19th-century Russia high-society, the aristocrat Anna Karenina enters into a life-changing affair with the affluent Count Vronsky.
- 16 Acres. A documentary about the rebuilding of the World Trade Center is the most architecturally, politically, and emotionally complex urban renewal project in American history.
Looks like I'll be busy during the holidays!