Friday, November 16, 2012

This is not English


hav U wondered wot hz hapnd 2 d eng language?  Do U tink dat kds R not b educated?  wen U git email o txt messages 2 U L%k @ it & sA 2 yourself, "Huh?"

DIS craziness started w d advent of d internet & d nEd 4 shortnD messages.

Today's email doesn't reqiR us 2 K.I.S.S. (keep it sht stupid).  bt txtN cn b limited, & d 140 character limit on Twitter keeps things sht & 2 d point.

aL DIS short-hand iz causing our society 2 raise a culture of idiots.  Seriously, we hav a bunch of idiots actually bn handed diplomas frm hI schools Ech yr..

dEz students hav n spelling o grammar skills nor d ability 2 uz capitalization o punctuation.

nw I knO I'm not d best @ NE of DIS stuff eithR. f I didn't wrte n a hurry & tried 2 proofread b4 publishing, I'd b n BetA shAp.

I don't knO d answer, bt I thawt it wud b :) 2 point out d obvious 2day.

Cheers All!


* * * * * *

Have you wondered what has happened to the English language?  Do you think that kids are not be educated?  When you get email or text messages to you look at it and say to yourself, "Huh?"

This craziness started with the advent of the internet and the need for shortened messages.

Today's email doesn't require us to K.I.S.S. (keep it short stupid).  But texting can be limited, and the 140 character limit on Twitter keeps things short and to the point.

All this short-hand is causing our society to raise a culture of idiots.  Seriously, we have a bunch of idiots actually being handed diplomas from high schools each year.

These students have no spelling or grammar skills nor the ability to use capitalization or punctuation.

Now I know I'm not the best at any of this stuff either. If I didn't write in a hurry and tried to proofread before publishing, I'd be in better shape.

I don't know the answer, but I thought it would be fun to point out the obvious today.

Cheers All!

No comments:

Post a Comment