Monday, December 24, 2012

The Day Before Christmas


Twas the day before Christmas, when all through my head
I was hustling and bustling, my face turning red.
The stockings were flung on the floor without care,
In hopes that the laundry would no longer be there.

I worked in the morning, then right after lunch
I hurried home to get ready for the afternoon crunch.
Munching on goodies, stop by after three
Then off to church service, what time can that be?

Oh just for a moment, my eyes did I close
When a noise from my cell phone suddenly arose.
A question, an answer, a text, two or three
Is it really so necessary to keep bugging me?

To heck with the nap, I just had to say
It's time to get ready and be on my way.
Some games we will play and food we will dine
I'm sure my consumption will cross over some line.

During the worship the candles will flicker and glow
While the winds of the winter, outside will blow.
The songs of the season, the choirs with hymms
Will help us all feel much love from within.

Off to our homes at the end of the night
Wrapping the last presents, ah, the end is in sight.
Christmas Eve is upon us, there's no turning back
Our gifts are abundant, there's nothing we lack.

As we snuggle in bed, awaiting the big day
There is really just one more thing I must say.
This season is not about Santa and sleigh,
But about God's blessing, day after day.

Christmas is about the birth of the Son
The Savior, Redeemer, God's number One.
That is the reason, the season is bright
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment