Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Weekend

I have Sunday on the brain.

I was off work yesterday, spending most of the day at St. Mary's Outpatient Surgery Center in Saginaw with my dad (and brothers). Dad had some skin cancer on his nose that was pretty aggressive and the doc wanted it off ASAP.

All went well.

But having a day off, toward the end of the week, puts my internal calendar out of sync.  I kept thinking it was Saturday. That was especially true when I was watching "The Toys Take Over Christmas" at the Port Austin Community Playhouse last night.

It was a fun, one-act play with my friend James Childs playing the Captain of the Toy Solders. There was audience participation with kids being able to join Santa on stage a the end of the show.

After the show, I hung out with another friend and ended up spending the night in Bay City (Michigan).

Finally, with Sunday on the brain, I picked up a few groceries this morning, then headed home.

Since I have a day more than my brain is telling me, I think this may be a movie weekend.

Great Lakes Crossing 25, the huge theater complex at Great Lakes Crossing Mall, has three movies on my "must see" list: Anna Karenia, Perks of Being a Wallflower and Hitchcock.

I should be able to get my Christmas shopping done as well.

So that's pretty much my plans for the weekend... or at least this Saturday that seems like Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment