Monday, January 23, 2012

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

It really is a mad mad mad mad world.

I'm not talking about the 1963 movie about a nutty group of people in a cross-country race to find some treasure.

I'm talking mad as in A N G R Y !

This weekend I ran into so many people who are on-edge, stressed-out, over-the-top angry. And angry for really no good reason.

It seems like people are just angry all the time.
It seems like everyone is about ready to snap.

I'm not sure the cause, but Dr. Phil is making a fortune analyzing, discussing and telling us about why we're so angry.

I don't watch Dr. Phil so I'll draw my own conclusions:

1. The economy.  Money is tight and people are worrying about how to pay bills.

2. The weather. SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is caused by the lack of sunlight in our lives. Grey and gloomy days of January can make some sad. For some it makes them cranky.

3. People push their buttons.  Okay, I have to admit, I'm regularly exposed to someone with an assine personality. Just knowing they are breathing the same air as I sets me off.

4. They're miserable, so they want others to be miserable. They say misery loves company.  So why not be angry and share the misery with others?

Regardless of the reason, I think we all choose to be angry or not.  We can identify what makes us angry and move on.

So I'm going to try to focus on the good, the happy, the fun; and ignore the stuff that makes me angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment