Sunday, January 22, 2012

Two Fat Ladies

If you're like most Americans, your television has 200+ channels with nothing to watch.

Oh sure, we all have our favorites, but often I find myself changing the channels looking for anything interesting.

Clarissa Dickson Wright & Jennifer Paterson.
For some reason, I've more than once found myself stopping on the cooking show "Two Fat Ladies."  How politically incorrect this that title?

TFL was produced by the BBC from 1996 to 1999 featuring Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson. I'm drawn to this show as much by the stars accents as I am watching them prepare dishes that sometimes seem medieval.

These gals are not shy about handling a freshly butchered hog (Jerked Whole Boar/Pig Recipe), nor are they shy about pouring some liquor into the dish they're preparing.

The show was filmed at various locations across the U.K. and the pair were often film riding together on a motorcycle and an appropriate "doublewide" sidecar. Their offbeat antics just added to the show's at-home feel.

They mixed recipes with their hands and often made comments that were either inside jokes or something only those to understand British humor would grasp.Cooking with lots of real butter, whole cream and lard, they were the Paula Deen of their day.

I doubt I would eat anything they cooked, but I still love watching their show.

No comments:

Post a Comment