Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Movie Critiques

As I write my blog posts, I find myself slipping to newspaper publishing mode.  My mind migrates to "features" that can be written ahead and posted later. Pieces that can be at least semi-regular submissions.

Of course, committing to something even semi-regular adds to the stress of keeping things going here.

Yesterday I launched one of those features: Top 10 Tuesday. Coming up with 52 Top 10s could be a challenge, but I already have a few topics in mind. Writing comments about each of the 10 items may be a unachievable goal, so I hope you'll to forgive me if it's just a list of Top 10 whatever.

Another fun and easier to write feature goes hand-in-hand with my love of movies. I'm not so much for watching movies on TV via DVD or streaming off the Wii. I much prefer the "big screen experience."  You'll understand what I mean if you ever get to see a movie like The Wizard of Oz or Gone with the Wind at a movie theater.  The experience will be totally different than any movie viewing of your life.

However, for the sake of the blog, I'll critique movies I view outside a theater as well.

Every good movie review needs a rating system and Movie Critique is no different.

I'll be use a zero to five "popcorn bucket" rating for each movie.  Five popcorn buckets is the best rating possible.

Criteria for Movie Critique reviews will be simple: my personal opinion. There will be no behind the scenes rating for acting or music, cinematography or costuming.  Just my gut feeling and overview of the show.

After all, it's my blog.

So there you have it.  A couple new features of BNB and, more importantly, another completed blog posting! <smile>

No comments:

Post a Comment