Tuesday, February 7, 2012

TOP 10 TUESDAY: Cartoons

Cartoons today are nothing like that when I was a kid. Maybe I've outgrown the silliness or perhaps cartoons from 40+ years ago were just better.

I know that some of my favorites were Warner Bros. Looney Tunes characters who have since gone onto make appearances in television shows, films and advertisements.

The name Looney Tunes is a variation on Silly Symphonies, the name of Walt Disney's series of music-based cartoon shorts. From 1942 until 1969, Looney Tunes was the most popular short cartoon series in theaters, exceeding Disney and other competitors.

So here are my Top 10 Cartoon picks:
  1. Bugs Bunny
  2. Road Runner
  3. Rocky & Bullwinkle
  4. Jetsons
  5. Pink Panther
  6. Flintstones
  7. Underdog
  8. Tweety and Sylvester
  9. Tom & Jerry
  10. Yogi Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment