Saturday, January 26, 2013

Politics Everywhere

I'm immersed in political craziness this weekend.

Inaugural hysteria is over and I thought, that at least for a few years, I wouldn't have to put up with the chaos of politics.

A weekend away in Toronto has found me smack dab in the middle of the Ontario Liberal Party's Leadership Convention.

These people are nuts.

Think of it as U.S. Democrats/Republicans holding a convention to elect their party leader. Or as they call the position, Premier.

This is an important decision, from what I can gather, since the Liberal Party is in power in Ontario.  That means that the choice this group makes this weekend, will have a position in Canada's government to represent the Liberal Party.

I used to do the party convention thing as a Republican Delegate for Huron County Michigan.  That was n the day before the party lost their minds and allowed the far right to run the show.

But I digress.

I'm trying to find a way inside the convention to watch the madness as it unfolds.  I'm always interested in how other countries run their show.  I'm told I need to be a voting member or alternate to get inside.  Maybe I can pass myself off as a media man writing a lowly blog about international politics.

Nah, I don't care that much about the Ontario Liberal Party.

Party is the key word here.  There was plenty of that going on last night into the wee hours of the morning.

Maybe I can join them for to celebrate tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment