Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolved

Goodbye 2012, welcome 2013!

Do you remember when everyone was in a panic over Y2K?  Time sure flys.

Here it is, January 1. Time to make some resolutions.

Most of us do just that on January 1 and the majority of us fail at the resolutions by the middle of the month.

Statically, it's known that if you can stick with your resolution for 30 days -- just to the end of January -- your chances of success increase dramatically.  That's because you're actually creating a habit.

But don't let that 30 day number fool you.  Old habits die hard. So don't think you're over the hump on February 1.

So what do I resolve this year?

Since you asked (you did in  your head, right?), here are a few of my resolutions:

Eat better and lose weight.  I think everyone has these resolutions. For me, I gotta follow through and do it.  I'm carrying about 25 more pounds than a few years ago and it's starting to bug me. I know how to do it, I just need to put my mind to it.

Move more. This goes along with the the eating better and losing weight.  I'm not getting any younger but I can feel my joints are a little stiffer and I have more aches and pains. Moving more will help with both of those.

Tell it like it is. This isn't going to be too difficult.  I tend to say what I'm thinking.  This resolution applies to my friends (and perhaps family) who need to hear the reality of a situation.

Stop trying to solve other's problems. My personality is to nurture and care for others.  That often leads to me trying to solve their problems. Seriously, I need to stop that... I have enough problems of my own.

Do not allow others to use me. I call this being the "Friend de jour" or Friend of the day. It seems like there are people in my life who only want the friendship when they need something.  Sorry folks, those days are over!

Spend my time wisely. I find a lot of my time is spend doing things I don't really want to do. And far too often, it's at the expense of not doing something I would rather do.

Travel more. I'm sure my family is rolling their eyes reading this one. It seems like I'm never home.  The truth is that I may not be home, but I'm not far away either.  I want to do some serious vacationing in my future.

I have a few more resolutions but they're more "I'm going to try to" rather than full-blown resolutions.

We'll see how it's going a month from now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment