Saturday, January 5, 2013

What a Difference a Day Makes

In my world, it's amazing what a difference a day makes.

Often, when we're troubled by something, if we just set it aside for a day the problem will lesser or perhaps disappear.  If nothing else, we will have a new perspective and can see the concern in a new light which allows us to deal with it in a new way.

"Let me sleep on it," is a (semi) common phrase when making a big decision. There are laws that allow you to rescind a decision -- often on a major purchase like a house -- after 24 hours.

Studies have shown that when given a project, many individuals show a much more creative and detailed completion of the task when they have had at least a day to work on it.

A day can make a difference in your health as well.

How often do you feel fantastic one day, and sick as a dog the next?  We've all heard stories of people in the hospital, near the brink of death, suddenly opening their eyes on morning, fully revived.

This past week was a roller coaster for me.  The holidays and time off work had my schedule totally missing. Add in some travel and late nights with early mornings and my world can become a little less friendly.

These highs and lows, coupled with an on-the-road diet lacking proper hydration and the re-introduction of my customary daily pot of coffee, and was feeling the physical effects by Wednesday.

Overnight, the backflips I could feel from my heart, disappeared, but returned Thursday afternoon with an intensity that sent me to the emergency room.

An overnight stay in the hospital with lots of tests and a fast running IV, made me feel good as new the next morning.

Now, this morning, the beginning of the weekend, I'm getting back into the groove, my routine.

And I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Ah, what a difference a day makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment