Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tie that Binds

One day last week, while at the grocery store, I ran into a woman I've known for sometime, but don't see very often. She looked great and I told her so.  We chatted a bit about diets and eating and our "new lives."

She, too, had gastic bypass surgery several years ago. I got to know her when she called me at the urging of her family doctor.  She was struggling with the adjustments to a new way of eating. Her doctor knew I had been successful with the surgery asked me if she could call.

Gastric bypass surgery is how I know this woman.  It's what we have in common.  The tie that binds us together.  It's one of those things that comes to mind when I see her.

We all have those ties to people. That connection that gives us common ground upon which we live.

Think about all the ties to others. School and church. Clubs and organizations. Being left-handed or having blue eyes. There is something that ties you to others.

Of course, we're all human. The first groups, tied together, are male and female. Then young and old.

As you read this, you're tied to others who read blogs.

I could makes list that go on and on.  But you get the idea.

We're all bound together, one way or another, with the tie that binds.

No comments:

Post a Comment