Monday, April 2, 2012

The B-I-B-L-E

The B-I-B-L-E, yeah that's the book for me
I stand alone on the word of God
The B-I-B-L-E.

That's a song I learned years ago in Sunday school.  It seems like there are other verses, but this chorus is what I can still recall.

It came to my mind the other day as I was online shopping at Amazon.com.

I'm looking for a Bible, New International Version (NIV).  Shouldn't too difficult right?

WRONG!  I want it for my Kindle Fire.

I got a chuckle out of reading the reviews from customers who had previously purchased one or more of the several options available.

"Not worth the price ($19.95); Difficult to read; Not what I expected."

I was dumbfounded.  Then I saw a review that said, "I think the previous reviewers had the same experience as mine. The layout and ability to navigate are difficult and not what was expected.  It may not be worth the price you pay."

Oh, so they're not reviewing the content like the latest Twilight novel!  Whew.  That's a relief.

Hopefully I can find a Kindle-Copy that will work for me. Then I can sing:

The digital B-I-B-L-E, yeah that's the ebook for me
I stand alone on the word of God
The digital B-I-B-L-E.

Read all of the BareNakedBill blog posts at: barenakedbill.blogspot.com

1 comment: