Monday, April 23, 2012

Counting Calories

I'm trying to lose a few extra pounds that I've managed to pack on my not-so-slim waistline.  And my total obsession with chocolate is not helping.

Last night I had a craving... CHOCOLATE!  Sometimes nothing else will do the trick.

Needing to feed my obsession, I stopped by the local convenience store to check out the selection of candy bars.

Because I'm me, I found myself scanning the calorie count on each bar.  Sometimes that's enough to convince my brain that the obsession can wait another day.

Last night was not a night.

I did, however, make a (semi-)decent choice after reviewing some candy bar labels and learned that a Mr. Goodbar, which was my first choice, has 250 calories, while a Hershey's Milk Chocolate with Almonds has 380.  Both seemed like more empty calories that I wanted to ingest.

But honestly, are there any empty calories in a chocolate bar?

Maybe a Kit-Kat bar? Hmmm, 200 calories and I could try to eat just one of the four pieces inside the wrapper.

There they are! An old-time favorite: Mallo Cups! Just 200 calories in a pack and, yes, I did save one for another day.

You can have those 100 calorie packs of rice cakes for your diet-conscious snack, I'll stick with the Mallo Cups.

For your future reference, a Hershey 5th Avenue Bar has 280 calories, while the York Peppermint Patty has just 140.

Read all the BareNakedBill blog entries at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment