Monday, April 30, 2012

A good cup o' Joe

There was a day that I used to stop regularly stop by Starbucks and order a Venti Soy Latte. A decaf in the evening.  But those days are gone.

Now, I hate Starbucks. Maybe it's the silliness of ordering. For those of you who enjoy your mocha choka venti latte half-caf soy cappuccino smoothie -- great. Just give me a good cup of coffee.

Last weekend, during an act of desperation, I found myself inside a Starbucks ordering an Americano. I thought that was a plain as coffee gets at Starbucks.

Even with a lot of cream and sugar, its taste resembled what I imagine battery acid would taste like.

I work with people who cannot pass a Tim Horton's without stopping for a half-gallon.  With it's added chicory, it is double strength battery acid.

In our office, we used to buy whatever was on sale.  Lately, we've been drinking Folgers, but it doesn't have the greatest flavor either.

While some of my co-workers complain about how strong I make the coffee while my friend Wanda (FromUnderTheWillow.blogspot.com) once told me we make "Church Coffee" in our office.  That's a reference to those 50 cup urns of coffee where people never really know how much to put it, so they put in about three tablespoons to make brown water.

Probably the best coffee, in my humble opinion, comes from McDonald's.  It's always hot and fresh in the morning, when I want my cup of Joe. A runner up would be a brand called Master Chef we had in the office for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, a coffee post! And Church Coffee is mentioned. You forgot the part where the church coffee comes from those three pound cans purchased with coupons and the cans are saved for several years before being opened so the the coffee is years from having been a bean.

    Anyway, great post. I do so appreciate the serendipitous nature of daily blogging. It makes one think about the everyday stuff in a new way. Almost like writing poetry.

    Thanks, Bill!

    ReplyDelete