Thursday, April 5, 2012

Take Me Out To The Ball Game!

Today is the home opener for our beloved Detroit Tigers!

Ah, nothing says SPRING like the crack of a bat when it hit a baseball at the Opening Day game. Whether your at the game, which will be standing room only today, or watching it on the TV, you just feel the excitement in the air.

Sadly, I'm a bit of a fair-weather fan.

I'm not one of the FANatics who has to listen to / watch / attend each and every game.  No, I just follow the team and listen to others as they talk about the standings and the great game I missed.

That's not to say I don't enjoy baseball -- and I do LOVE the Tigers.  Seriously, what true Michigander doesn't love the Tigers?

If I'm lucky, I'll get to Comerica Park for a game or two during the season. But even as much fun as that can be, I always dread the drive home and miss the play-by-play and the replays of the action on the field.

I miss George Kell and Ernie Harwell too, they were the familiar voices of the Tigers when I was a kid.

Fair-weather fan or total Tiger Fanatic, it's Spring and the 'Boys of Summer' have started their season.

And whether I'm there in body or spirit, you can take me out to the ball game.



Read all the BareNakedBill Blog posts at: BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment