Saturday, April 7, 2012

Sunday Funnies

A Peanuts comic strip from June, 1960.
I buy the Sunday paper just about every week.  I'd like to say it's for all the valuable "news" that fills the pages, but that would be a lie -- and the topic for another blog post/rant.

Mostly I pick up the newspaper for the sale flyers advertising merchandise I really don't need, but might want to buy. I thumb through most of them then toss the ones promoting items that don't interest me.

I don't even look at the TV Listings.  I generally can't make heads or tails as to what is one when and, with DirecTV, why bother when I have a channel guide at my fingertips?

My paper has the Parade Magazine.  Again, magazine is a very loosely used term for a few sheets of paper with stories that contain the substance of boiled water.

Even the poor Sunday Funnies are lacking the excitement of my youth.

When I was a kid I read Peanuts, Hi and Lois, Dick Tracey, Nancy (and Sluggo), the Lockhorns and many others.  Today's comics lack anything interesting.

Maybe it's my age showing.  Are the Sunday Funnies, not so funny anymore?

You can read all the BareNakedBill Blog posts at: BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment