Monday, October 8, 2012

There's no place like home


Dorothy Gale of Kansas hit the nail on the head when she clicked her heels and recited the magical phrase, “There’s no place like home,” during the ending scenes of the movie classic The Wizard of Oz.


There are times I wish I had a pair of ruby slippers that would transport me home with the click of my heels. That sentiment was omnipresent in my head over the course of last few days.

At my job, we were working on a large project that required additional hours and long days. A couple 14+ hours days and restless nights left me exhausted.

There’s no place like home when you hit the couch after a long day.

Friday morning I headed to Lansing for a two-day EMS conference with speakers that seemed to droned on and on in a conference room that was way too warm for the 100 or so people in attendance.

EMS people don’t know when to sleep.  Our sleep is often interrupted and so we do more napping then sleeping.  I caught a nap from about 1:00 am until about 5:30 am Saturday morning.

There’s no place like home, in my own bed, when I really need to sleep.

To save money on travel, I carpooled with a friend to the conference. Makes sense, until I was actually on the road returning her home and THEN traveled to Detroit to pick up a friend to go see a play.

There’s no place like home when you’re tired and feeling like you are becoming ill.

The play was fun and thankfully my guest for the show offered solace in the guest room at his house.

Still, there’s no place like home when you’re reaching near exhaustion from over extending yourself.

Sunday morning included some shopping and driving back home, then unloading all the crap in the car.

It was good to be home again because there really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment