Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Tally: Dinner Time!

I've been hungry for a few meal items that I haven't taken the time to make.  Many of them are comfort food, but some of them are just plain yummy (my opinion).

Here's my short list:

Meatloaf. I use a recipe given to me by a nurse at Scheurer Hospital. One pound each of ground beef and ground pork, one cup bread crumbs, one egg, one bottle of chili sauce and one cup of milk.  The milk through me at first, but this is yummy meatloaf.

Scalloped Potatoes. Didn't we used to spell this "Escalloped?"  Anyway, some nice Yukon Gold potatoes sliced thin, layered with a little flour and ground black pepper and a little pat of butter here and there. Repeat until your casserole dish is nearly full.  I use half and half to cover the potatoes.  Bake at 375F for at least an hour.

Custard Corn. Pretty simple and some people would call it scalloped corn.  I use two cans of yellow corn and one can of white corn.  Mix in one-half cup of bread crumbs, a can of cream of mushroom soup, 1 slightly beaten egg and top with half and half (yeah, I like the extra fat!).  Bake at 375F for an hour.

That silly string bean casserole. If you don't know how to make it, Google it.  LOL

Pumpkin Dessert. This one is work.  Baked graham cracker crust. Then a cream cheese layer, baked! Then cooking the pumpkin mix and adding another layer.  Finally, after it all cools, whipping some cream (don't use Cool Whip), to top it all off.  YUMMY!

So, there's my menu.  Let's eat!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, Bill, it sounds yummy. Luckily, Sally and I have NO dinner plans tonight, so expect to see us about 5:45... hehe...

    Thanks for the yummy descriptions (and you can't lose with half-and-half... ever...)

    ReplyDelete