Tuesday, May 1, 2012

200 channels and nothing to watch



I'm sitting here as I'm writing this, trying to find something that will hold my interest for more than 15 seconds on TV.  I have DirecTV Satellite service with just about every channel known to man and God himself.

And there's nothing worth watching.

I really need to start listening to more music and reading more books and save the money I spend on the satellite for something worthwhile.

When I was growing up, we had three channels: 5, 12 and 25 -- the then NBC, ABC and CBS networks, respectively.  A few years ago channel 25 was purchased by some media giant and somehow managed to take the NBC franchise, forcing channel 5 to take over the CBS affiliate.

Those three channels brought me more entertainment than the 200+ channels I have now.  CLASSIC shows you don't see today.

Oh sure, there are some great shows on now, but they don't compare to the viewership the shows of yesteryear.

Perhaps it's much like a starving man... when you're hungry, you'll eat whatever you can get. I guess I'm not hungry enough to find something good to devour on satellite TV.

Thankfully, I've recently stumbled across The History Channel and The Military Channel, on which I have found some interesting programming.

For now, I'll just keep flipping the channels looking for something to watch.

Check out all my blog posts at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com,
or click the "Join This Site" button in the left column.

No comments:

Post a Comment