Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Man In The Mirror

Yesterday afternoon I had a surprising conversation with someone who was blunt and to the point. Apparently he (and he claims others) find me to be a very negative person.  He used the phrases "back-stabber" and "whiner" among other things.

He refused to identify the "others" who were part of this group with a poor opinion of me, but it doesn't matter.

I know I have a sarcastic personality.  When I'm frustrated I tend to spout off, probably saying some things I shouldn't.  Probably saying things that could be taken the wrong way.

Honestly, I'm at a loss when it comes to the back-stabber reference.  I tend to have a big mouth and tell people face-to-face when I think of them.

I'll take the comments with a grain of salt, considering the source. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't take a look at myself in the mirror.

While I'm not a fan of Michael Jackson, his hit "Man in the Mirror" hit the nail on the head:

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change
Make That Change.

Read all my posts at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment