Sunday, June 24, 2012

Reunited!

Our Gang from the Newspaper Reunion, 2011
Summer is a time when families, classmates and other throngs of people come together in annual events called "reunions."

This summer, I have three reunions on the calendar. The first is today when the "old gang" (and I mean old as in previous) from my life in the newspaper business are getting together.

We're going to enjoy a simple potluck dinner with lots of memories and even more laughs.  We'll get to catch up on what's going on with the people we used to see on nearly a daily basis.

As I get older, I realize it's important to attend gatherings like this. Especially when the reunions involve families.

In a couple weeks, we're having a three-day Esch Family reunion near Caseville.  Two years ago we gathered in Colorado. My dad's sisters, from Colorado and Arizona, and brother, from California, will be here with their spouses.  A few of my cousins will be joining the fun as well.

Then, in August, my mom's family will gather in Elkton.  This reunion is very much third and fourth generation of family.  Maybe that's what makes getting together necessary.

With the reunions, camping trips and other plans, summer will be gone before I know it.

So here's to enjoying everyday to the fullest!

A gathering of other stories are found at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment