Monday, June 25, 2012

One reunion down, two to go!

Sunday was a long day with the "Newspaper Gang" reunion, followed by a couple ambulance calls.  I got home about 11:30 pm and the bed was looking good.

Not much time for blogging today, so I'll just share this "Gang" photo of those who were able to attend our gathering.


Front row, from left, Mary Drier, Robin Gaeth, Vicki McBrayer, Hope Haley, Sally Rummel, Mary Fournier and Fran Davis.

Middle row, Jean Norton, Bill Esch, Dave Eberlein, Mark Rummel, Betty Guenther and Jack Guza.

Back row, Judy Koch, Tamie Cook, Marie Lupp, Tammy Philp, Wanda Eichler and Pat Holland.


This is just a sample of the many people who were part of newspapering in Western Thumb of Michigan.

I'm really happy to have been part of that era.

More blogging from Bill at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Another great post, Bill. I will be forever grateful to Mark and Sally and to Walt Rummel who first offered me a job writing for the Progress Advance. I got to know the community and met lots of people as I wrote a column and features and, later, did some newswriting.

    That's where my blog was born, as my old newspaper column, From Under The Willow.

    Yep, those were good days.

    ReplyDelete