Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday, so good to me
Monday mornin', it was all I hoped it would be
Oh Monday mornin', Monday mornin' couldn't guarantee
That Monday evenin' you would still be here with me


I don't mind Mondays.  That's probably because I'm really a create of habit. I like my routine.  My sanity remains, in part, because of the consistency of the routine.

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be
Oh Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me


Even though I'm a create of habit, Monday usually throws something at me that is completely unexpected. Maybe that's what I don't mind it much... it's a routine with a twist!

Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
A-you can find me cryin' all of the time



Many of us dread the end of a weekend.  I live for the weekend, which is a contradiction to my need for routine.  But my weekends are pretty planned, but not scheduled.  Sometimes when Monday comes, I am sad that weekend is gone.

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay
Oh Monday, Monday
Oh Monday, Monday


Monday is Monday.  I can't change that, so I'll face it head on with a smile, looking toward the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment