Friday, June 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Chuck!

Chuck with two of his daughters, Julie and Gina.
Today is a special day.  It's my brother Chuck's sixtieth birthday.

It's special because, honestly, I had serious doubts he would make this to this birthday.

I don't think I told anyone that before.

See last fall, he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. I've never spoken to him about it, so I'm not sure if he fully understands how serious his condition was at that time.  He spent three days with a ventilator breathing for him.

I generally keep my cool with this kind of stuff. I've been around it enough to understand what's going on and how to deal with it. With him, I was scared shitless.

But that was then, and now is now. He's much healthier and his condition has improved greatly. He's lost 70 or 80 lbs, mostly fluid where it shouldn't be, and he's taking better care of himself.

So this birthday is special for him, for his family, for everyone who loves him.

Happy Birthday Chuck!  Hopefully there will be many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment