Saturday, June 2, 2012

My Socks Suck

For about the past year, I have been on a quest to find the perfect pair of socks.

I so often find the socks I buy either stretch out and slide down around my ankles or they're so snug that I lose circulation.

I'm a little weird about my socks. No, I'm a LOT weird about my socks.

I prefer something with a little weight to them yet not super heavy. They should be made of cotton or at a minimum a cotton blend.  I prefer something in a crew length rather than those that come up to my knee. I'm not crazy about argyle or any other pattern, just your basic solid color will do. The basic black, navy, and brown is the best.

It's nearly impossible to buy a single pair of socks. At least where I shop. They're usually packed three-pairs together with two of the same (great) color and one color I'll never wear.

A few weeks ago I thought I found the perfect socks.  They felt right to the touch and came in a three pack of all black. I wore them for the last three days. I have an ring around my lower calf from the elastic and my foot felt like it was in a cast.

Perhaps I need to take up knitting my own socks? Until then, I'll keep searching for the perfect socks.

Then I can move onto finding non-strangulating underwear.

BareNakedBill.blogspot.com is where you can find all kind of goofy blog posting just like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment