Monday, August 6, 2012

Are You Smarter Than A Jeopardy Millionaire?

I'm a fan of general, sometimes useless, knowledge as well as trivia of all types.  I love watching Jeopardy, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader and Who wants to be a Millionaire?

Jeopardy is always the most challenging.  Those contestants must be near Mensa-level intelligence.

Sometimes I think the producers of Smarter and Millionaire look for the dumbest people to appear.  Celebrities are even worse.

One of the recent questions on Smarter was a spelling question that asked, "How many vowel are in the word: VOWEL?"  Of course, it was a verbal question so the word wasn't displayed in front of the contestant.

She stood there, thinking, then said, "Three."

I was dumbfounded.  Three?  Seriously?  This was the first question of the show.  She was not going to win big money.

When the host asked her to spell the word, she said, "V-O-U-L."

By now I was screaming at the TV: WHERE DO YOU GET THREE VOWELS OUT OF THAT?

Thankfully she was saved by the fifth grader helping her out.

I'd love to be on a trivia-type game show, but I'm sure I'd turn into a bigger idiot than I already am.

Much Smarter posts at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment