My grandfather lived to be 98 years old. I think I heard that for years, he took a daily dose of vinegar and honey.
I've done some research.
Apparently Raw (Organic) Apple Cider Vinegar, the murky brown stuff with the sediment in the bottom of the bottle, is the vinegar that has been used for hundreds of years largely for medicinal purposes.
It's important to use the raw (unfiltered stuff) because clear vinegar has none of the benefits of raw apple cider vinegar. Through processing and distilling, it’s been stripped of everything beneficial
Some beneficial ingredients in raw apple cider vinegar include:
- Potassium – helps to prevent brittle teeth, hair loss and runny noses.
- Pectin – helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol.
- Malic Acid – gives ACV the properties of being anti-viral, anti-bacterial & anti-fungal.
- Calcium – helps create strong bones and teeth.
- Ash – gives ACV its alkaline property which aids your body in maintaining proper pH levels for a healthy alkaline state.
- Acetic Acid – It appears that this acid slows the digestion of starch which can help to lower the rise in glucose that commonly occurs after meals.
- 1 tablespoon of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar mixed in 4 ounces of purified water after a meal has been used as a natural remedy for heartburn and as a replacement for toxic heartburn medications.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar may help improve bowel irregularity, thereby removing toxins from the body at a faster rate.
- Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes giving a smoother texture and complexion.
- Raw Apple Cider vinegar may also help with joint pain and stiffness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps to break down fats so that your body can use them rather than store them.