Your best bet is to buy locally grown (organic) raw honey, produced by bees in or near where you live. This is beneficial because it will contain immune enhancing properties needed for your body deal with allergens in your community.
Fresh, raw honey is also tastier and more potent.
For health and healing, there are far too many benefits of honey to list here. However, here are a few:
- Organic, raw honey provides an energy boost. Its carbohydrates supply energy and strength and boosts endurance while reducing muscle fatigue.
- Honey is a great aid in relieving morning sickness!
- Honey is good for sore throats, laryngitis and pharyngitis.
- Honey and cinnamon may in relieving bladder infections, arthritis, upset stomach and bad breath.
- There are claims that it is slow down hair loss (too late for me!).
- A salve made of honey, for diabetic ulcers, is effective when other antibiotics are not.
- Honey and apple cider vinegar (as mentioned yesterday) can be used for stomach aches, constipation and migraines.
- Honey and lemon works in the body shifting the extra fat, making it usable energy for regular body functions.
- Honey is cholesterol-free and aids in keepings cholesterol levels in check
- Raw honey has a viscous (thick) texture due to low water content. This makes it a poor environment for bad bacteria to grow and is a good natural preservative. It stores well on the shelf!
So there you have it. Vinegar and Honey! Maybe we'll start seeing it on restaurant menus someday.
Nothing sweeter than BareNakedBill.blogspot.com