Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday Tally: Blogger's Bloggery

Some of my friends have asked me how I come up with topic idea for the blog. Obviously they don't read the blog very often because it's mostly a lot of non-sense that is fun to write and, honestly, I don't spend a lot of time doing. When I get paid to blog, I'll take it more seriously.

It is, however, more difficult to come up with fresh ideas to write about.

Thankfully the world is full of current events and Lord knows I'm not afraid to comment on any of them. My writing may not be very compelling, but at least there are frequent updates (um, daily!).

If you plan to blog, here are some suggestions in this Tuesday Tally:
  1. Lists: People love lists! David Letterman has made a career with his Top 10. Just start making a list and see where it goes.
  2. Reviews: You can give you opinion on just about anything. Movies, Products, Website, Books, Recipes, Restaurants, Friends. Okay, maybe not friends.
  3. Pictures.  Just share a recent photo and short caption. A picture is worth a thousand words.  I'm really bad at this, because the camera on my phone isn't working right now. A new phone is on the horizon as soon as the latest model is delivered to my cell provider.
  4. What's in the News. As I mentioned, the world is full of current events like the recent Mars explorer landing. Pick up a newspaper and you've got plenty of topics to blog about.
  5. Tips and Tricks. Nearly everyone likes to know how someone else would deal with an event, problem or other issue.  Share yours with the world.
  6. How To. Much like the Tips and Tricks, you can demonstrate your techniques with photos or even a video.
Before you know it, you have your blog post for the day!

CHEERS ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment