Thursday, August 9, 2012

Overcoming Overwhelming Fear

I'm writing this blog the night before you're reading it. I'm going to try getting some sleep tonight.

I doubt I'll get that really deep sleep where you get the best rest.  That's difficult to do when you sleep with one eye open.

You see a couple nights ago I woke up to find a bat flit flit flitting around the room.

I screamed that high-pitched girly-scream that comes from deep within me.  It's come from the total flight or fight response I have to these vile creatures flying about anywhere inside my home.

Because I've had bats in my house before, I keep a butterfly net handy.  After a few swings of the net, I managed to knock him to the floor and snag him with the net.

I apologize to all you tree-hugging "bats-are-our-freinds" people who are suffer from chestpains now that you have discovered that I killed the bat trapped in my net.  Before I could really even think what I was doing, I was standing on the front porch in my birthday suit at 2:00 am smashing the trapped bat until I was certain it was dead.

I plead totally insanity.

My insanity doubled when a second bat appeared above my head.

This time I was much more irrate that the "bats of hell" had somehow managed to find their way into my home.

Thankfully I've gotten pretty good with the net and was able to repeat the execution scene without too much additional trauma in my life.

The trama came from my insane fear of bats. I don't know if I fear bats or being in my house.

Regardless, I haven't really slept well in past 48 hours, knowing I could awaken to find a bat flit flit flitting over my head.

But I'll face my fear and spend the night here (hopefully) sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment