Friday, August 10, 2012

Our World of Extremes

While conversing over dinner last evening, we somehow touched on how extreme our world has become. Andrew, my dinner companion, gave me some examples then paid me what I consider the ultimate compliment.

"You're very middle of the road," he told me. "You have strong opinions, but they seem balanced."

God bless you my young friend. That comments will have me beaming for a long time.

I have some very strong opinions on a huge variety of topics. But it's rare to find someone who totally agrees with how I came to hold that stance.

For years I have said that I'm far too conservative to be a democrat, and way too liberal to be a republican.

My opinions are not limited to politics.  I'll tell you what I think about just about everything. Just ask.

My more conservative ideals get me in trouble with my liberal friends and the opposite is true with my conservative buds.  Being middle of the road drives them all crazy.

The said part of Our World of Extremes is that no one is willing to listen to another point of view.  Everyone is so set in their own stance that they can't be budged.

Being a moderate in Our World of Extremes can be difficult, but maybe, just maybe, those polarized individuals who pass through my life will open their eyes and we'll see some common ground.

Extremely odd writings at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment