Saturday, August 11, 2012

Powerful Storms, Power Outage

Last night we had some storms that, I suspect, was the cause of a power outage in the Pigeon area.

I had fallen asleep early and was awakened by a beeping of my cordless phone as the power was going on and off a few times until off because the final choice.

Of course I hadn't taken the time to write my blog for today.

This morning, my main concern was getting the sump pump running before the basement flooded. Thankfully one of my co-workers had a generator that I could borrow.  But pumping my basement came secondary to that of my nephew... he has carpet in the basement and slosh slosh slosh, it's wet!

Ran the generator at his house until the pumps stopped for more than a few minutes, then over to my house.

I did the back and forth shuffle (about three-quarters of a mile) before the two locales a few times before power was restored around 11:15 am.

Now, I'm dealing with drying out the basement.

Enough writing for now.

Powerful blogs posts at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment