Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Unsynchronized Life


I don’t know what happened, but somehow my life seems to have gotten out of sync.  I always feel like I’m running behind and that I have unfinished business.

Summer is always a busy time for me. I try to go camping on a lot of weekend and this summer is no different.  Well, except that I’ve only been camping two or three times. (That’s another story.)

For some reason I can’t get my tired butt into bed before midnight. Then for yet another unexplained reason, I wake up almost every night around 2:30 am.  I’ve actually stepped out onto the porch at that hour when there’s been a warm breeze blowing and makes me want to stay outside.  (That, too, is another story.)

By the time I get settled back into my most restful REM-sleep, the alarm wakes me up.

So why am I out of sync?

I have a theory that I will be testing out.  A couple weeks ago I thought I was getting up too early.  So I set my alarm for 10 minutes later.  When you’re tired, the difference between 5:45am and 5:55 am is huge! Think about how many times you hit the snooze!

Somehow the ten minutes sleep I tried to gain has cause a disruption in the time-space continuum and caused a ripple in the sequence of events that is my life.

Translation: Sleeping later just puts you behind.

Testing will begin on Monday, when I set my alarm back to 5:45 am.

Hopefully that will put me back in the groove.

Nothing unsynchronized at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment