Saturday, August 4, 2012

Weekend Honey Do

Like many men, I have a weekend Honey Do list.  My "honey" is myself, so the list generally has things I really want to get done.  Unfortunately there's no one motivating me with candle-lit dinners to follow my hard work. If there was, it would be me making more work cooking the candle-lit dinners.

Sorry, I digress.

This weekend will be packed full of activities laced between last night's fireworks and this morning's Fish Sandwich Festival Parade.

My list includes:
  • Mowing the lawn, which, due to the extremely dry conditions has not been touched since sometime in June. The downside of the infrequent showers we've gotten? Getting the mower out again.
  • Weeding the garden. What a mess.  A few light showers and the weeds have gone crazy.  I have a couple tomato plants that area not much bigger than when they were planted.  Maybe I'll spray everything with Roundup and work it all under.  I don't see much coming from these plantings anyway.
  • Turn my one-car garage and storage center back into a two-and-a-half car garage.  I can do that be cleaning out all the crap that has managed to take up space here and there.  Then the truck can once again be parked inside.
  • Wash windows.  I try to do that every couple of years. Okay, I'm kidding.  Regardless of the frequency, it seems like they always need to be washed.  We can put a man on the moon but there are no self-washing windows?
  • Clean the basement.  There isn't much down there, but what is needs to be hauled to a dumpster. Then the floor can be swept and maybe even painted.
  • Oh, back to the windows -- they should all have the old paint scraped off and a new coat of paint applied.  I bought the paint in the spring, so I'm at least prepared to do the work.
  • Replace and paint the trim around the big garage door. While this should be a few-hour project, I get the feeling it will last for an entire weekend.
  • Clean out the freezer.  I know, somewhere way in the back, is a package of something that is old and freezer-burned.  Time to toss it out.
  • Get ready for camping next weekend.  The tent was dirty inside when I packed it up, so after lawn mowing, I'll try to put it up and air it out.  Repacking what I really need (including a chair this time) and can get into my car will be the goal.
  • Do some pre-packing for my upcoming vacation.  The trip will be a little different since I'll be separated from my main luggage for nearly two days. Planning the carry-along will be important!
I can add to the list, but why bother, right?

So enough with the blogging and off to work I go.

Happy Weekend all!

Honey-do reading at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment