Sunday, September 2, 2012

Broken Clock

So today is Day 2 of the Labor Day weekend and Day 4 of the I'm suppose to be in New Orleans on vacation. (Yes, I'm still whining about the screwed up vacation!)

I've managed to to have a couple get-aways and I found my internal clock is broken.

Usually I have a plan and a bit of a schedule.  Not really a hard and fast you-gotta-be-here-at-this-time schedule, but a general do this and this and this and by this time you'll be ready for this.

I've thrown caution to the wind.  I find my self lingering when I would usually be rushed.  I find I'm just being laid back and trying to relax.

I think that's how last night got away from me. I was hanging out in the Detroit Metro area and before I realized it, it was 3:45... in the morning.

"How come I'm not tired," I asked myself.  I think it was the two hour power-nap I had before I left home.

At any rate, I managed to crawl into bed around 4:30 am.  When I woke up about nine, I realized I hadn't written a blog yet.

My usual deadline-panic didn't even hit me.  I wandered down to the hotel's breakfast area and had a cup of coffee and a small plate of scrambled eggs.

Now, at nearly 10 am, I have a lunch date with a friend.  That's my schedule for today.

Otherwise, I don't have to be anywhere until Tuesday morning and I like it!

Something new nearly everyday at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment