Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Challenge Yourself!

I recently ran across an article which spoke about 30 challenges in 30 days. That's a lofty goal and, frankly, one I'm not quite up to even attempting to meet.

However, there were some very easily achiveable challenges on the list, including:

Write a I-Like-This-About-You note/text/email each day for someone (Easy)
Pretty simple to just let someone know you care.

Take a 30 minute walk each day (Easy) Okay, I shouldn't put this on the easy list.  I find it difficult to motivate my lazy arse out the door at any point during the day or night.  I'm too rushed in the morning and too tired in the evening.  Excuses, excuses?  Yes, yes they are!

Refrain from alcohol and other drugs for 30 days in a row! (Depends) I found this an interesting item on the list.  For me, it's super easy. For others it may be difficult.  Business people often entertain over dinner and socialize with wine or other types of alcohol.  But in this day, there are few people who would say, "Hey, how comes you're NOT drinking with us?"

Read a chapter each day (Easy) Again, I question how easy this item might be.  My mind wanders when I'm reading and then I fall asleep.  I haven't found the right reading materials I guess.

Inspire yourself each day (Easy) I try to read inspirational quotes and sayings quite regularly.  I also find inspiration in music. Being inspired warms my soul.

Practice a random skill everyday (Easy) This could be typing, knitting, playing with a yo-yo or building a house of cards.  Whatever the skill, practice it everyday!

Take the stairs every chance you get (Easy) As lazy and I can be, this one is a no-brainer for me.  I often take the stairs UP when I'm in a building where I can locate the stairs.  It's great exercise!

Keep a journal (Intermediate) This (silly) blog is a bit of a journal for me.  I've tried writing a diary/journal about my life's events, but I often find I document that crap I don't really want to remember.  Good memories stick around!

Don’t complain for an entire day (Hard) This should be easy, right?  Yet it is difficult for even the most positive person to NOT say one negative word for 24 hours.  But practice makes perfect and I'm up for a challenge.  I just need to take my anti-cynical pills.

Practice (at least) one completely selfless act each day (Easy) Open/Hold the door for someone, let another driver get into traffic ahead of you, pay for the order behind you in a drive thru.  It's fun and will make you feel good!

All 30 challenges can be reviewed at: www.highexistence.com/30-challenges-for-30-days/

BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment