Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's still summer!

So who had the bright idea of limiting summer to the few short days between Memorial Day at the end of May and Labor Day at the beginning of September?

Seriously!  They need to be shipped off to the north (or south) pole where they can gain some appreciation for summer weather!

I was pretty amazed earlier this week, Tuesday evening to be specific, when I took a short seven-mile drive to the neighboring resort community of Caseville to grab an ice cream cone at the Dairy Queen.  I planned to enjoy that cone as I took a walk along the breakwall which protects the harbor there.

Now I know this DQ is a seasonal business, as are many in this area. But I was stunned when I saw the "THANK YOU! Closed for the Season" message on the sign.

Really?  Are you kidding me? Oh, I get it, no white (ice cream) after labor day.

Personally I refuse to believe that summer is over.  I still have far too many summery plans before I'm willing to give in and declare the season has past.

If people need to use holidays as reference for our seasons, then I propose we move Labor Day to the first Monday in October!

Just think, summer would have an extra 30 days and maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't see Christmas decorations in the stores quite so soon.

Still enjoying summer at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. It really bugs me to hear the words that summer is over. I say it's not over until I say it's over. :) Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete