Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Time of My Life

Sometimes I have some very vivid dreams.  Last night was one of those times.  It was so real that when I woke up it took a few seconds to get my bearings and return to reality.

Part of my  dream were laced with reality as it took me back in time, to the days when I was a college student. It was just days before classes started and my roommates and I were settling into our apartment. I knew two of my roommates, and the third was a stranger whom quickly became a friend.

In reality, I did start a college year living with two friends and a stranger who became a friend. However, my dream moved use out of the dorms into an apartment.  The two friends, in my dream, are people I know today -- we were never college roommates.

It's funny now, as I recall the dream, how much my life today was weaved into my life back then to create a very vivid experience. So vivid, in fact, that I could feel the stress of rushing to class after waiting too long for a roommate to vacate the shower.

Last night's dream wasn't the first time I've dreamed about college life.  Probably because it was such an exciting and important part of my life.  I love learning new things and make new friends. And while I continue to learn and make friends today, the youthful intensity is missing.

Regardless, dreams often take me back in time to refresh and recall the memories of reality that are The Times of My Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment