Saturday, September 1, 2012

Everything as it should be

des·ti·ny  /ˈdestinē/
Noun:   
    1. The events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
    2. The hidden power* believed to control what will happen in the future; fate.



I spent the better part of this past week frustrated by the demise of my New Orleans vacation.  The frustration was compounded when as I began hearing from others I was planning to meet there, detailing their arrival.

This trip was three-months in the planning.

My frustration was compounded by my lack of action in preparing my camping gear for a weekend away.  Tuesday night I decided to spend the night in the Grand Blanc area hotel I had to pay for or simply lose the money that was already paid. Wednesday was a trip north for work.  My Thursday I was so exhausted from all the road time, I just didn't do anything.

I wasn't sure I wanted to go camping.  The decision was made for me when I found out my favorite campground was booked solid by Thursday night.

So Friday afternoon I packed my bag and set our for a destination unknown.

I shopped. I wandered.  I ate a chicken Cuban sandwich at Panera Bread.

Then there was a turn of events that changed everyone.  I was suppose to be here, in Michigan, at this moment in time.

It was then that I remembered that I need to stop trying to make my life happen and just let it happen.

Everything as it should be.

(*I believe that "hidden power" of destiny is Devine.)


BareNakedBill.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment