Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

12th floor view from
Grand Traverse Resort
Wow!  Last Thursday evening I traveled to Traverse City (Michigan) for a EMS Instructor conference.  The trip was uneventful and the evening was quiet.  Friday was filled with training sessions and talk about "the storm" that was brewing.  I heard one report about "up to 15 inches."

I'm writing this Saturday night. Because I'm just getting home and I'm tired, this blog post is going to be short and sweet.

Friday evening the Meijer store parking lot was full as the snow as falling to the ground.  By 8 pm I was holed up in my Travelodge motel room with a comfy bed, plenty of TV channels on the cable and free WiFi for internet browsing.

By morning, I was faced with the need to brush eight-plus inches of heavy, wet snow.  The sky was overcast with more snow falling.

Thankfully the roads were plowed and I was able to get home safely.
Cars buried under a blanket of wet, heavy snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment