Tuesday, March 20, 2012

You can feel it in the air

Signs of Spring, from left: mum plant poking through
the garden soil and a young maple tree budding out.
AH!  Spring is here.

No, really, it's here!  According to The Old Farmer's Almanac, it arrived in the Northern Hemisphere at 1:14 am (EDT) this morning.

I think it's a day early this year.  I suspect the earlier than usual arrive had something to do with the extra day we added to our calendars back in February.

Regardless of when or why, we're enjoying the early arrival of Spring here in Michigan Thumb.

A few days over the past 10 days, when the weather has reached over 70 degrees, I've been lucky enough to wear shorts and a t-shirts after work. The time change has added to the enjoyment of the warmer weather by offering use daylight until well after 7:30 pm.

Yet this unseasonable weather is odd enough that many people talk about what's to come. They're not saying the "S" word, but they're talking about snow.

I would expect at least one snow storm before we see Spring here to stay.

But I don't care, a foot of snow at the end of March will be gone in just a few days.  That, for me, is tolerable.

For now, I'll run around in shorts and start organizing my camping gear and open the windows to air out the house.

Spring is here... You can feel it in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment