Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tuesday Tally: Before you get a driver's license

A couple weeks ago I pulled into a parking lot and parked a space over from two cars with open hoods.  Beside the vehicles were two younger ladies and a young man.

The young man, probably 17 or 18 years old, was attempting to attach jumper cables to one of the batteries.  He looked like he was struggling to figure out how to make the connection.

As I exited my truck, I noticed neither car was running. So I casually asked, "Do you need some help?" They replied with, "No thanks, we can get it."

When I came back, the hoods of both vehicles were still up and all three were sitting inside one of the cars, which was running.

I guess they were charging the battery.

If they had the time to sit and wait, more power to them.

But it made me think: You shouldn't be able to get a driver's license until you can:
I'm sure there are many more items to add to this list, but it's a start.  How many of these tasks can you perform?

No comments:

Post a Comment