Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TUESDAY TALLY: Favorite Foods

Here's the Tuesday Tally of Favorite Foods my Mom would make:
  1. Cubed steak smothered in mushroom (soup) gravy.
  2. Potato soup made like my grandma Esch: mashed potatoes thinned with milk and butter. My brother Chuck remembers the soup served with sizzle steaks in time for Bonanza on Sunday night.
  3. Turkey with stuffing (think Thanksgiving!).
  4. Fried Chicken... Totally artery clogging! Whole chicken pieces (there was no such thing as boneless chicken) rolled in flour and dropped into a pan of hot oil with butter.
  5. Cheeseburgers... fried in a cast iron pan so the outsides were slightly crisp and the insides were juicy. This pan was also used to fry eggs in bacon grease.
  6. Spaghetti. Don't ask for the recipe, you'll just scratch your head and say, "are you serious?"
  7. Chicken Noodle Soup with chicken gizzards. I used to pick out the gizzards.
So things you would never see on this list are: beef tongue and heart. I just had to mention that for my dad and brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment