- Cubed steak smothered in mushroom (soup) gravy.
- Potato soup made like my grandma Esch: mashed potatoes thinned with milk and butter. My brother Chuck remembers the soup served with sizzle steaks in time for Bonanza on Sunday night.
- Turkey with stuffing (think Thanksgiving!).
- Fried Chicken... Totally artery clogging! Whole chicken pieces (there was no such thing as boneless chicken) rolled in flour and dropped into a pan of hot oil with butter.
- Cheeseburgers... fried in a cast iron pan so the outsides were slightly crisp and the insides were juicy. This pan was also used to fry eggs in bacon grease.
- Spaghetti. Don't ask for the recipe, you'll just scratch your head and say, "are you serious?"
- Chicken Noodle Soup with chicken gizzards. I used to pick out the gizzards.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
TUESDAY TALLY: Favorite Foods
Here's the Tuesday Tally of Favorite Foods my Mom would make: