Saturday, March 10, 2012

You turn your back for one minute...

The BNB "Dashboard."
I'm a creature of habit.  I like order and routine.  I function better when I know the game plan.

That's not to say that I can't deal with the unusual or unexpected.  But I prefer not to get a curve ball when I least expect it.

I turned my back on BNB for just a minute (okay it was a few days) and when I returned to make some entries, I  found that (POOF!) all my drafts appeared to be missing.

For those of you that don't write blogs, let me explain.

I don't need to sit down at the keyboard each morning and crank out the information you read, just in time to publish it at 6 am...  Instead, I can crank out one or 21 posts and schedule them accordingly.  This simplifies life when I'm traveling or know I won't have time to sit at the keyboard.

All the blog posts that I create are there, in blog purgatory, awaiting their fate.  Those unposted blogs are know as (what else) drafts.

So, back to my point of being a create of habit.

When I get a topic idea for the blog, I log on and make a few quick notes to be saved for time when my creative juices are flowing.

At this writing I have approximately 30 topics in pre-publication draft mode.

When I last logged onto blogger, when I clicked on the "Posts" link, a sub-menu would appear listing selections that included "All," "Draft," and "Published."

Today, there seemed to be an unexpected change when "All" was my only choice.  Thankfully, the drafts were intact, and mixed among the published posts in the date-order they were created.

<Sigh>  What a nightmare.  Or so I thought.

As I tried to navigate around the blogger site, I had difficulties.  So I rebooted the computer, and went to the kitchen for a glass of juice.

Upon returning, I found that all the magic I love about blogger had returned to the normal semblance.

You know, you turn your back for one minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment