Thursday, May 10, 2012

Head out on the highway...

I love my new car.  That 2011 Ford Focus is wonderful, smooth and quiet ride. I especially love her after the first fill up and calculating at 31.5 miles per gallon.

Sadly, my 2003 F150 is feeling old and tired and knows I have another love.  She rebelled tonight when I tossed a trash can of grass clippings in the bed to take for composting.

Turning over fine, but then spitting and sputtering, telling me she was not happy to spend the last three nights outside the garage in the chilly and, sometimes, rainy, nights.

A quick rev of the engine and she was acting more like her old self.  But I did realize that I've grown accustomed to the car, reaching for the center console to shift into gear and needing to push on the brakes a little harder than the Focus.

Oh, don't worry old girl, I have plans to clean out the garage to make room for you to stay warm and dry when I'm not running the roads with you.

You're still my vehicle of choice for camping and hauling.

Even at 15 mpg.

Note: This blog was suppose to be scheduled for Wednesday, May 9.  Sorry, I set it for May 10.

Read all the blog entries at BareNakedBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment