Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Tally: Not on the Bucket List

People my age start thinking about making a bucket list. You know, a list of the things you want to do before you kick the bucket.

I'm sure there are a million things I could put on my bucket list, most are absurd and unachievable, but it never hurts to dream.

When I look at bucket list examples, it becomes much easier for me to create a list of items I wouldn't put on my bucket list, including:
  1. Get my collarbones pierced.  Seriously! Get your collarbones pierced.  I didn't even know that was possible.
  2. Dress up like Jesus. As soon as I read that the song, "Just a closer walk with thee," popped into my head.
  3. Eat a fried Tarantula. Fried?  Never! Baked, perhaps.
  4. Learn to play golf. I tried it in college.  I wanted to wrap the clubs around a tree. I continue to ask, "What is the point?"
  5. Travel the world. Okay, there are a few places in the world that I would like to visit. However, I have always said I would like to travel throughout the U.S. first.
Of course there are many other items to include. As I was reading some other bucket lists, I found a lot of things that I have no interest in doing because they're either illegal or immoral.

What was even more interesting as I read these list was finding myself saying, "did that, did that."

Maybe my bucket list would be shorter than I think.

Check out all my blog entries at: BareNakeBill.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment